Sunday, September 7, 2008

Orbs . . . ? (2)

Yes, I know what you’re saying . . . and I can understand you being sceptical . . . but, please, look at this picture. . . . look at it quietly for one minute. Look at the larger orb, which looks for all the world like a stained glass window . . . and the smaller, brighter orb to its left (you can ignore the silverpaper star made by the Sunday School!) . . .

If, at the end, you say to yourself, "Refractions of light in the lenses!", then so be it. But, if you do, may I ask you to consider that I've taken over eight hundred photos on this camera. The only times that I've had problems with refractions on the lenses have been at St. George's, St. Bride's and Farm Street (with the single exception of that photo of the sunset on Christmas Day). In over seven hundred and eighty photos there has been no refractional trouble at all. I've sent you a great many photos, look back at them and see for yourself.

Now your friend may well be perfectly correct. I may be utterly delusional and gullible. The whole subject may be moonshine. No-one likes to think of themselves as credulous and gullible, but if that's the case, I accept it.

On the other hand, what if I’m right? Just think about it, what if these refractions are orbs? Then it's something quite amazing . . . quite mind-blowing . . . quite incredible.
And, if there's the slightest possibility that I am right, can't you understand my anxiety that you should share this excitement and this wonder?

One last request. Look at the second photo, same place, same angle . . . look at the 'shooting orb' . . . can you really call that refraction?

Be a Doubting Thomas by all means, you are fully entitled to be, but please allow me the very smallest possibility of being right.


(to see London's Orbs click here)